Viper - A Mario Kart Wii Clan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone wanting to join Viper please contact me via Skype @ChoccyBar

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U

Go down 
4 posters

What rating do you give New Super Mario Bros U?
1/5: Bad
Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U I_vote_lcap0%Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
2/5: OK
Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U I_vote_lcap0%Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
3/5: Good
Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U I_vote_lcap25%Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
4/5: Very Good
Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U I_vote_lcap50%Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 2 ]
5/5: Amazing
Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U I_vote_lcap25%Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 4

AuthorMessage
Tim
Tim

Location Location : The Netherlands
Job/hobbies : Mario Kart Wii

Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U Empty
PostSubject: Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U   Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U EmptyDecember 2nd 2012, 4:18 am

Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U 41415-bezig-nintendo-bevestigt-dat-new-super-mario-bros-u-niet-op-1080p-zal-draaien

New Super Mario Bros U

New Super Mario Bros U is finally out and back new. It differs a whole lot from the older Mario games, like Super Mario Bros 1, 2 & 3. The game is mostly based on the first game in the New Super Mario Bros series being New Super Mario Bros DS. Even in that game Mario got a big make-over, but now the Mario games make a big step and finally go to HD. Yeah, you read it, HD. New Super Mario Bros U has changed the front, where all the action takes place, and in the background they tried something new, which worked out great. Really new is the New Super Mario Bros series not anymore, but New Super Mario Bros U still feels fresh because Miyamoto did another great job, putting about 25 years of Mario history in one game.

First of all we have Yoshi. Yep, he is back, and he even brought family. Baby Yoshi's return after making their first appearance in Super Mario World. You meet them in different worlds at certain places, where they ask you to bring them to the castle/tower. Once you accept the challenge, your story with the Baby Yoshi's begins. They come in three different forms, one being pink, another being yellow, and the last one being blue. They can all eat most of their enemies, but also have their own special powers. The pink Yoshi can turn into a gigantic balloon which you can float with in the air for a few seconds. Because of the size of the Baby Yoshi when he’s blown up, it will be easier to collect (star) coins. The yellow Yoshi can light itself up, and when you shake your Wiimote (or press ZR on the gamepad) nearby enemies will be stunned. The yellow Yoshi doesn’t differ much from the yellow block from New Super Mario Bros Wii, if you still remember that. The blue yoshi can shoot bubbles out of his mouth. When the bubbles hit enemies, it will turn the enemies in coins. Mario can also bounce on these bubbles, maybe he can save himself sometime with this feature.

Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U 42006-bezig-new-super-mario-brosu

In New Super Mario Bros U there are new enemies introduced, but all the old ones are back as well, making it harder for you to reach your goal. Next to Bowser waiting for you in this time not Bowser’s, but Peach’s Castle, you have Bowser Jr. walking around all the worlds, trying to impress his dad. Also the Koopalings are back. Each of them guards a castle - being different then in New Super Mario Bros Wii (except for Iggy, who still ‘controls’ world 5) – and you need to defeat all of them, before you can reach the castle and save the princess. But don’t worry, we still have the old enemies that you can crush, like the good old Goomba.

Also new modes are introduced, which takes the number of modes to 4, being the Story Mode, Boost Rush, Coin Battle, and Challenges. But what makes the game more fun, is the new Super Acorn, which is obviously based on the Raccoon tail (Super Mario Bros 3). With this new power-up, you will be able to glide in the air for a few seconds. In mid-air you can press X/Y/1 to get a small boost upwards. You can also stick to walls for a short period of time. This power-up is easiest to get in the game, and can be usefull in almost every level. It might be even more helpfull then the Ice/Fire Flower in castles/towers. It’s up to you to find out.

Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U 260px-WiiU_NewMarioU_3_char02_E3

Now you are thinking, what can I do with the Wii U gamepad? Well, first of all, you can play with 5 players, which makes New Super Mario Bros U even more a family game. By tapping on the screen with your stylus you can make platforms, which can save your fellow players from the Lava of Doom, or you can screw them over by blocking an important route, or by not making platforms at all. The Wii U gamepad doesn’t help the game get easier much, it does make it more fun. Most of the time the player on the gamepad doesn’t know what the players want, and vice versa. You can imagine that it would be fun to bother your friends once.

Tim’s Opinion: 4/5
I think this is a really good game with amazing graphics. It might look a little bit like New Super Mario Bros Wii, but it still is revolutionizing. One thing dissapoints me though: the Wii U gamepad doesn’t add much to the game. I hoped it would more. Now it’s just making platforms. It looks like Nintendo Land is getting the task of using the gamepad’s possibilities. But overall, a good game. If you have the Wii U, I would definitly recommend buying it.

Nizza’s Opinion: 4.5/5
I think the game is really good and has amazing graphics, even when you play on the Wii U gamepad. The worlds have brought new ideas and have names, which makes it Acorn Plains - 1: Acorn Plains Way instead of 1-1. I find this really nice. The gameplay really draws you into the game. It's really addictive and you can play on it or hours. I didn't give it a 5/5 because I think it's not really that new compared to New Super Mario Bros Wii. Overall that makes a 4.5/5.

Altogether this game gets a 8.5 out of 10. That is certainly not bad for one of the first Wii U games.

Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4pJnV5OxPI

Feel free to comment your opinion and comment on the poll.
See you guys in the next Game Review!

Last edited by Tim on December 4th 2012, 4:45 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
★Ryan
Admin
★Ryan

Location Location : UK, England
Job/hobbies : Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U   Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U EmptyDecember 2nd 2012, 4:35 am

Very nicely done Tim and Nizza cheers
Back to top Go down
https://viper.forumotion.co.uk
Tim
Tim

Location Location : The Netherlands
Job/hobbies : Mario Kart Wii

PostSubject: Re: Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U   Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U EmptyDecember 2nd 2012, 4:45 am

Ryan wrote:
Very nicely done Tim and Nizza cheers

Thanks a lot! The tip really helped. It means much to us that you above all say that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
«Nιzzα♪»

«Nιzzα♪»

Location Location : Great Britain
Job/hobbies : MKWII and NSMBU

PostSubject: Re: Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U   Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U EmptyDecember 2nd 2012, 6:13 am

thnx Ryan there will be more...
Back to top Go down
◆Intense♪

◆Intense♪

Location Location : United States Of America
Job/hobbies : Gameing

PostSubject: Re: Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U   Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U EmptyDecember 3rd 2012, 3:31 pm

Good Job Guys,Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
«Nιzzα♪»

«Nιzzα♪»

Location Location : Great Britain
Job/hobbies : MKWII and NSMBU

PostSubject: Re: Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U   Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U EmptyDecember 4th 2012, 1:47 am

Silent wrote:
Good Job Guys,Keep it up!

thnx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U   Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U Empty

Back to top Go down

Tim and Nizza's Game Reviews: New Super Mario Bros U
Page 1 of 1